Posted on April 10, 2013 by Isabella Cecconi
A fairly simple camera. This little wonder camera is the Ansco Cadet II. It was introduced in the mid 60’s by the Ansco camera company of Binghampton, New York. It was a plastic camera which used 127 roll film and updated the styling of the original Cadet of 1959. The Ansco company started making cameras in 1870 after having been a photographic supplier since the 1840’s. The body of the Cadet II is made of plastic with an aluminium faceplate. It had two mounting holes for attaching a strap. On the front of the camera, there was a dial to select color or black and white film. This controlled the size of the aperture. The 127 film produced 12 square images and was wound by a large, round wheel on the bottom of the camera. The camera could be used with or without the matching flash attachment, and had just one shutter speed and two apertures. The Cadet II was the empitomy of 1965. Lots of photos of The Beatles were taken with it!